The OWHA Team Official Qualifications Requirements 2023/2024 – refer to this document and ensure you have the qualifications as specified for your role.
The OWHA defines minimum requirements for all team staff positions. In order to register your team roster with the OWHA, these minimum requirements must be met. It is up to each volunteer to maintain their volunteer profile and to know whether all requirements have been fulfilled. Your current certifications can be viewed through Spordle and/or Coach.ca
NOTE: All staff members must be insured through the OWHA to be permitted to be on the ice or bench with a team.
- Therefore, a staff member must be at least 16 years of age. Youth volunteers, or from other hockey associations are not permitted on the ice or bench, as per the rules of the Oshawa Women's Hockey Association (OWHA)
- Players who are rostered with the Oshawa Lady Gens are insured and able to participate as mentors or to assist teams in other divisions.
All Rostered Staff Require:
- To Register on RAMP, as Coach/Staff to the Oshawa Girls Hockey Association (nccp # can be found or register to obtain one, at thelockercoach.ca
- Obtain a Vulnerable Sector Search from Durham Regional Police OR Fill out the Criminal Offence Declaration. Information and forms are available by clicking on this link.
- Must have completed a Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders certificate (no expiry)
Thank you for your dedication, and for helping girls hockey in Oshawa continue to grow and be successful! This page is to assist all our volunteers to understand the certifications and requirements needed to be a part of the team.